Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Extending the Life of Your Summer Wardrobe!

Here at the Seasonal Shoppe we are having our huge End of Summer Sale! (Check out our Facebook page for all the details.) One huge part of our sale is that all women's summer clothing is 50% off. Now you may be thinking, "Why do I need summer clothing when it is almost fall?" But, did you know you can extend the life of your summer wardrobe with a few simple tricks. Here is an example:

Take this dress. It is a blue and white chevron, sleeveless dress from All For Color. This is one of the many dresses that is 50% off. In the summer time this dress would be cute paired with a simple piece of jewelry, some flats, or even some gladiator sandals. But, how could this possibly work for fall. Here's how;
First off, pay no mind to the box of decorations in the floor, I am still in the process of decorating. But, back to the outfit. This is that same dress as seen above, but to make it fall appropriate I added a few things. First, I added a dark brown belt to accentuate my waist. Then I threw on this tan cardigan. Any type of cardigan, jacket, or blazer would work great here. I also added some black leggings, we have these at the Shoppe, they are Mud Pie. These are the best leggings I have ever owned, plus you can't see through them. You could add a pop of color here as well with some colored leggings. Then I threw on my brown motorcycle boots. Any pair of riding boots would be great hear as well, or even some cute booties. This look can totally be made your own with your choice of cardigan, belt, leggings and shoes. Plus, throwing on a cute scarf, or a piece of statement jewelry would be adorable.
I just realized you can see the baby mobile in the picture (haha), just ignore that too. For this look I decided to do something a little different with this dress. This outfit would be great for work. I pulled on a tan skirt over top of the bottom of the dress, thus making the dress look like a shirt. Then I added a light brown belt to accentuate my waist again. This time I added a 3/4 length sleeve, orange cardigan. I paired it all together with a  pair of tan heals. This look can also be customized in a variety of ways, depending on the color and style of cardigan, belt, skirt, and shoes. A pair of flats would be great with this outfit, and you could change out the cardigan for a cute jacket.
 
By transforming your current summer pieces into outfits for fall, you are extending the life of your closet. Depending on the number of cardigans, jackets, shoes, etc. you have in your closet, you could wear this one dress several different ways, without anyone thinking your wearing the same clothes. So, stop in at the Shoppe this week and take advantage of these great savings on summer clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment